Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

λύπη

I am not feeling well at the moment.

Right now is probably the worst time to feel this way, between Christmas and my birthday, but it was bound to happen.

Sometimes I think that I'm gradually losing nearly everyone and everything I love; everything is slipping through my fingers and I'm just left to wallow in the confusion of it all. I question now more than ever: is it better to grab on to whatever we have to preserve it, or to just accept that everything in life is in constant flux and nothing ever remains permanent?

A friend of mine, whose wisdom leaves me astonished, told me the other day that our existence is a gift. Treat it that way, because what was given to you can always be taken away.

It will be taken away.


1 comment:

  1. The way I like to look at it is that nothing lasts forever and that is a good thing. As hard as loss is to deal with, the alternative would be so much worse. If the good things lasted forever, the bad stuff would have to also.

    ReplyDelete